The natural site geometry (in red) is almost kept. The outdoor staircases using the natural slope to allow access to first floors.Sufli fllors, as described by law, are half under the natural ground.The three blocks (in fact two, but a strong joint and volumetry make them well separated) are called A, B B and C are identical (but symmetrical), A has a different program.The 9 meters legal dsitance between the units will provide the best place for a common outdoor access to units B and C.Neighbors will rise in the future, North will be then the only open view orientation.That is why the iconic house shapes are open toward North, providing impressive 10 meters large glazed windows!The iconic house shape is a clean, readable shell that protect and create the home space.An economic (no lifts, no cores, no staircases) underground parking is located under units C and B,Access is by outdoor landscaped staircases. This allowed to use 100% of allowable footprint for living spaces and not for circulations.Gentle welcoming slopes surrounding the project are heavily planted, mainly with low shrubs and decorative small trees (to not block the view).Sufli floors dont have balcony, but terraces.Sliding wood shutters allow to close safely the glazed elevation while apartments are not in use.All upper floors have large usable balconies of a minimum of 2.3 m wide and 10 m long.The project strong and iconic volumes...... are complimented with simple but noble and sturdy materials.
- 3 Houses-*****-2009-1600m2-2500000$-residential
- Description: The natural site geometry is almost kept. The outdoor staircases using the natural slope to allow access to the first floors and Sufli floors, as described by law are half under the natural ground. The three blocks-in fact two-but a strong joint and volumetry make them well separated are called A, B, & C starting from West. B & C are identical (but symmetrical), & A has a different program. The 9 meters legal distance between the units will provide the best place for a common outdoor access to units B & C. Neighbors will rise in the future;North will be then
the only open view orientation.
- In Association with Aram yeretzian,
- LOCATION Faraya, Lebanon
- FAVORITE *****
- YEAR 2009
- COMPLETION YEAR 2014
- COST 2500000
- TYPE residential
- SIZE 1600m2
- CLIENT NAME Private
- ARCHITECTS Henrik Schulte, Nader Khoury
- ENGINEERS Raikf El Khoury,
- 3D MIMAJ SARL,